cultural fair

French art

My French art is merlin by Paul Cézanne. I did a drawing of it, and it is pretty much exactly the same. it is pinned up behind the class if anyone wants to compare it to the original.

My French artist is Paul Cézanne.

Paul Cézanne was a French artist from the 19th century. he was born on January 19, 1839, and died on October 22, 1906.

when Paul Cézanne first started painting, everybody liked his unique brush stroke stile.

French music

My favorite French Group Artist is “Amadou and Mariam” – I like the song “Senegal Fast Food”. I have a few CDs of theirs and have been listening to them for a while. they are a French/African electronic dace band from the early 2000s.

French food

For my French food I brought Palmiers. Palmiers are a type of French puff pastry cookies.

link to recipe below

https://tasty.co/recipe/palmier-cookies-easy-dessert

ingredients

• 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 cup cane sugar(200 g)

directions

1. Unwrap the puff pastry. Using a rolling pin, flatten out the cracks if your puff pastry has them. make it into an even rectangle. Brush melted butter evenly over the puff pastry.
  2. Sprinkle half of the sugar on the puff pastry, then spread it around evenly. Using your rolling pin, roll the pastry into a long rectangle. make sure you press the sugar into the pastry. Flip the pastry, then repeat , brushing with butter and rolling in the other half of the sugar.
  3. Roll the bottom of the pastry tightly toward the middle, stopping at the center, then roll the top of the pastry to meet in the center as well. The rolls should be the same size. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
  4. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  5. Remove the plastic wrap and push one of the rolls directly on top of the other. Trim off the uneven ends of the pastry, then slice into ½-inch (1 cm) rounds. They should look like little hearts. Place the slices on the baking sheet about 2 inches (5 cm) apart to allow. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping them halfway, or until the sugar is caramelized and the cookies are golden brown.